What do I need to register for the UFD Private Area?

To register for the Private Area, we will ask you for the following information:

  • Name and surname(s) / Company name
  • Telephone number
  • Email address
  • Identification document (NIF/CIF/NIE)
  • Password

After entering the data, we will send you an email. It is vital that you click on Enter the private area to confirm your email address and complete the registration process.

What can I do from the UFD Private Area?

Once registered, and after linking your account to an electricity supply point, you can consult the data on the supply point in question and all those for which you hold the access contract. You can also check your electricity consumption and your maximum power demand values by periods. You can request certificates, check your meter status, get instant readings, and report incidents in your supply. We also explain how to change your contracted power.

In addition, if you generate electricity through private installations connected to the distribution network, we will provide information on the volume of energy you generate and supply to the network, and if you produce for self-consumption, you will be able to see all your curves.

You can request connections as an applicant or as the manager of a supply point. We will explain the documentation you need and help you with the formalities and monitoring your request. You can also manage a power line bypass.

What are the differences between an applicant, owner, or payer of a connection request?

An applicant is the individual or legal person requesting a network connection. They must be registered in the Private Area. An owner is the individual or legal person who owns the installation (in the case of consumption) or the owner of the installation that is entitled to a connection (in the case of generation). Finally, a payer is the individual or legal person who receives an invoice in their name.

Will I be able to manage more tasks in the future?

Yes, we are working to include more functions in this channel. As we add more services, we will keep you informed on the Digital Services Platform or by email.

What information can I consult about the supply point?

You can see the data of the contract holder (name and surname(s), company name, identification document, etc.) as well as the technical data of the point of consumption or generation, such as the contracted power, the consumption rate, the voltage and the type of installation.

How can I check my electricity consumption?

In the section My Consumption, enter a start and end date according to the period you want to check, or choose one of your invoices, and we will show you the information about your electricity consumption in graphs and in figures.

You will be able to see your total consumption, expressed in kWh, as well as the average, maximum and minimum consumption during that period, and you will be able to see the consumption by months, days or hours. You can export the information to a file.

Can someone else carry out my management tasks or consult my data if they are not the holder of the supply point?

Yes, you can authorise a manager to carry out management tasks on your behalf, or authorise an adviser to consult your consumption and/or generation data directly from the platform during the period of time you decide, so they can recommend how to reduce your consumption and be more efficient.

The manager or adviser must be an individual or a legal person and must be registered in the UFD Private Area with their own profile.

Can I have more than one manager?

Yes, you can delegate each of your supply points to a different manager, but bear in mind that each supply can only have one manager.

Can I have more than one adviser?

Yes, you can authorise several advisers, even for the same supply point.

How is hourly consumption expressed?

The time shown below each bar in the graph indicates the end time of the consumption period. For example, the bar above 01:00 indicates consumption from 00:00 to 01:00.

In the downloaded Excel file, what does data collection method mean, and how do I interpret its values?

The data collection method refers to how information on electricity consumption was obtained, distinguishing between real values from meter readings and estimated values. E stands for estimated consumption, and R for real consumption.

The actual consumption is obtained directly from the meter. In the absence of actual values, the estimate determines as precisely as possible the values that the records would have taken.

What does the date of incorporation into the remote management system mean?

This indicates the moment from which the supply has a smart meter integrated in the remote management system, allowing the system to remotely collect electricity consumption data, which are then used for billing.

Why do certain consumption measurements not appear?

It is possible that in this period you were not the owner or that it is prior to the date of incorporation of the supply into the remote management system.

On the other hand, if you observe that one of the bars does not appear in the graph, it could be due to the fact that the consumption is zero or because the data is not available.

Why did I get different consumption values for the same period of time when I went back to the consultation on another day?

The measurements shown are obtained from the values received remotely from the smart meters. Sometimes, when consulting the consumption, the meter data may not yet be available and when you check back later they are.

On the other hand, the first consultation could have been carried out before the billing process, and the second with more precise information, making the values vary.

In any event, it is important to bear in mind that the values shown have to be considered provisional until you have received your bill from your supplier.

Why does the time 02:00 not appear on the last Sunday in March, but appears twice on the last Sunday in October?

This is because of summer time – on the last Sunday in March the clocks go forward an hour, and in October they go back an hour.

What is a supply point (PdS)?

It is the point where electrical energy is consumed or generated and is connected to the distribution network. You have a CUPS assigned to you.

What is the CUPS (Universal Supply Point Code)?

The CUPS is the Universal Supply Point Code, a unique and permanent 20- or 22-digit alphanumeric code identifying each electricity supply point. Distributors generate the CUPS code in the format ESXXXXXXXXXXXXAB1P. If your CUPS code starts with ES0022 or ES0390, we are your distributor.

How do I know what my Universal Supply Point Code is?

It is indicated on your electricity bills.

What is the consumer unit (CGP)?

It is the box where the protection elements of the line that distributes electricity at the supply points are housed. It indicates the start of the consumer’s electrical installation. You can find more information in our <a href=”https://www.ufd.es/usuarios/solicitud-nuevo-suministro/solicitud-de-un-punto-de-conexion-a-la-red/”><u>low-voltage enclosure tool</u></a>

What is the Electrical Installation Certificate (CIE)?

It is a technical document drawn up by authorised personnel and processed by the competent body in the matter, which indicates the main characteristics of the electrical installation of the supply point.

What is the distribution network access and connection licence?

Agents who want to connect a new facility directly to the distribution network or to increase the declared power and conditions of existing facilities already connected to the network must request this from the operator of the network they wish to connect to. The network manager will analyse the capacity and viability of the connection, and may grant or deny access according to the legislation in force.

What are access rights?

The payment made by a contracting party (usually the consumer) to a distribution company for adding a new supply point to the network, or increasing power for an existing supply point.

What are extension rights?

The payment made to extend the network when needed to add a new supply point or increase the power to an existing supply point.

What is the Power Control Switch (PCS)?

It is a device that limits the maximum power that can be used at a supply point, according to the contract, and disconnects the installation when the power required by the electrical devices connected simultaneously exceeds the contracted power. This switch used to be installed next to and just in front of the main control and protection panel, but this function is now integrated in new smart meters and not installed on the panels.

What is contracted power?

It is the electrical power (in kW) that appears in your contract with your supply company and generates access rights to the distribution network.

What is maximum contractable power?

This is the electrical power (in kW) that you can contract with your supply company without having to request an increase in power.

What is the maximum power demand?

The maximum power demand is calculated by adding together the power of all the devices connected simultaneously in any period. Therefore, this value depends on the type and quantity of electrical appliances you use and your consumption habits.

You can also get information on these terms in our Glossary