What do I need to register for the UFD Private Area?

To register for the Private Area, we will ask you for the following information:

  • Name and surname(s) / Company name
  • Telephone number
  • Email address
  • Identification document (NIF/CIF/NIE)
  • Password

After entering the data, we will send you an email. It is vital that you click on Enter the private area to confirm your email address and complete the registration process.

What can I do from the UFD Private Area?

Once registered, and after linking your account to an electricity supply point, you can consult the data on the supply point in question and all those for which you hold the access contract. You can also check your electricity consumption and your maximum power demand values by periods. You can request certificates, check your meter status, get instant readings, and report incidents in your supply. We also explain how to change your contracted power.

In addition, if you generate electricity through private installations connected to the distribution network, we will provide information on the volume of energy you generate and supply to the network, and if you produce for self-consumption, you will be able to see all your curves.

You can request connections as an applicant or as the manager of a supply point. We will explain the documentation you need and help you with the formalities and monitoring your request. You can also manage a power line bypass.

What are the differences between an applicant, owner, or payer of a connection request?

An applicant is the individual or legal person requesting a network connection. They must be registered in the Private Area. An owner is the individual or legal person who owns the installation (in the case of consumption) or the owner of the installation that is entitled to a connection (in the case of generation). Finally, a payer is the individual or legal person who receives an invoice in their name.

Will I be able to manage more tasks in the future?

Yes, we are working to include more functions in this channel. As we add more services, we will keep you informed on the Digital Services Platform or by email.

What information can I consult about the supply point?

You can see the data of the contract holder (name and surname(s), company name, identification document, etc.) as well as the technical data of the point of consumption or generation, such as the contracted power, the consumption rate, the voltage and the type of installation.

How can I check my electricity consumption?

In the section My Consumption, enter a start and end date according to the period you want to check, or choose one of your invoices, and we will show you the information about your electricity consumption in graphs and in figures.

You will be able to see your total consumption, expressed in kWh, as well as the average, maximum and minimum consumption during that period, and you will be able to see the consumption by months, days or hours. You can export the information to a file.

Can someone else carry out my management tasks or consult my data if they are not the holder of the supply point?

Yes, you can authorise a manager to carry out management tasks on your behalf, or authorise an adviser to consult your consumption and/or generation data directly from the platform during the period of time you decide, so they can recommend how to reduce your consumption and be more efficient.

The manager or adviser must be an individual or a legal person and must be registered in the UFD Private Area with their own profile.

Can I have more than one manager?

Yes, you can delegate each of your supply points to a different manager, but bear in mind that each supply can only have one manager.

Can I have more than one adviser?

Yes, you can authorise several advisers, even for the same supply point.

How is hourly consumption expressed?

The time shown below each bar in the graph indicates the end time of the consumption period. For example, the bar above 01:00 indicates consumption from 00:00 to 01:00.

In the downloaded Excel file, what does data collection method mean, and how do I interpret its values?

The data collection method refers to how information on electricity consumption was obtained, distinguishing between real values from meter readings and estimated values. E stands for estimated consumption, and R for real consumption.

The actual consumption is obtained directly from the meter. In the absence of actual values, the estimate determines as precisely as possible the values that the records would have taken.

What does the date of incorporation into the remote management system mean?

This indicates the moment from which the supply has a smart meter integrated in the remote management system, allowing the system to remotely collect electricity consumption data, which are then used for billing.

Why do certain consumption measurements not appear?

It is possible that in this period you were not the owner or that it is prior to the date of incorporation of the supply into the remote management system.

On the other hand, if you observe that one of the bars does not appear in the graph, it could be due to the fact that the consumption is zero or because the data is not available.

Why did I get different consumption values for the same period of time when I went back to the consultation on another day?

The measurements shown are obtained from the values received remotely from the smart meters. Sometimes, when consulting the consumption, the meter data may not yet be available and when you check back later they are.

On the other hand, the first consultation could have been carried out before the billing process, and the second with more precise information, making the values vary.

In any event, it is important to bear in mind that the values shown have to be considered provisional until you have received your bill from your supplier.

Why does the time 02:00 not appear on the last Sunday in March, but appears twice on the last Sunday in October?

This is because of summer time – on the last Sunday in March the clocks go forward an hour, and in October they go back an hour.

What is a supply point (PdS)?

It is the point where electrical energy is consumed or generated and is connected to the distribution network. You have a CUPS assigned to you.

What is the CUPS (Universal Supply Point Code)?

The CUPS is the Universal Supply Point Code, a unique and permanent 20- or 22-digit alphanumeric code identifying each electricity supply point. Distributors generate the CUPS code in the format ESXXXXXXXXXXXXAB1P. If your CUPS code starts with ES0022 or ES0390, we are your distributor.

How do I know what my Universal Supply Point Code is?

It is indicated on your electricity bills.

What is the consumer unit (CGP)?

It is the box where the protection elements of the line that distributes electricity at the supply points are housed. It indicates the start of the consumer’s electrical installation. You can find more information in our <a href=”https://www.ufd.es/usuarios/solicitud-nuevo-suministro/solicitud-de-un-punto-de-conexion-a-la-red/”><u>low-voltage enclosure tool</u></a>

What is the Electrical Installation Certificate (CIE)?

It is a technical document drawn up by authorised personnel and processed by the competent body in the matter, which indicates the main characteristics of the electrical installation of the supply point.

What is the distribution network access and connection licence?

Agents who want to connect a new facility directly to the distribution network or to increase the declared power and conditions of existing facilities already connected to the network must request this from the operator of the network they wish to connect to. The network manager will analyse the capacity and viability of the connection, and may grant or deny access according to the legislation in force.

What are access rights?

The payment made by a contracting party (usually the consumer) to a distribution company for adding a new supply point to the network, or increasing power for an existing supply point.

What are extension rights?

The payment made to extend the network when needed to add a new supply point or increase the power to an existing supply point.

What is the Power Control Switch (PCS)?

It is a device that limits the maximum power that can be used at a supply point, according to the contract, and disconnects the installation when the power required by the electrical devices connected simultaneously exceeds the contracted power. This switch used to be installed next to and just in front of the main control and protection panel, but this function is now integrated in new smart meters and not installed on the panels.

What is contracted power?

It is the electrical power (in kW) that appears in your contract with your supply company and generates access rights to the distribution network.

What is maximum contractable power?

This is the electrical power (in kW) that you can contract with your supply company without having to request an increase in power.

What is the maximum power demand?

The maximum power demand is calculated by adding together the power of all the devices connected simultaneously in any period. Therefore, this value depends on the type and quantity of electrical appliances you use and your consumption habits.

You can also get information on these terms in our Glossary

Do I have to manage “operational notifications”?

Yes, you must manage “operational notification” whenever you have a surplus, taking into account the installation’s level of significance. On our Digital Services Platform, you’ll find a page, with a link to the Technical Supervision Standard (NTS Spanish initials), where you can also download the Commissioning Guide for Power Generation Modules Connected to the Distribution Network.

Which electrical cabinet should I install?

On our Digital Services Platform, we have a low-voltage enclosure tool.

How do I indicate the connection point for a self-supply installation on the UFD network (pure generation)?

For more detailed information on the location of our installations, consult the graphic information related to our network on the Inkolan website. Another option is to provide us with the reference number of the nearest or most convenient support or transformer station that you find for your installation.

I have some questions about connecting my self-supply installation. Where can I find more information?

  • You can find out all you need to know about managing your self-supply on our Digital Services Platform. Visit the following link.
  • If you have any questions about the connection and measurement diagrams, you can find more information here.

I want UFD to carry out all the work necessary for my connection point. How do I make the corresponding request?

If you want UFD to carry out the extension work, you must have asked us for an extension estimate when you opened the request. Nonetheless, you can still decide to carry out the extension work yourself if you prefer.

You have asked me for the “environmental impact study (EIA Spanish initials) scope request” but I am exempt. What should I do?

You must provide a written statement explaining why you are exempt from submitting this document.

You have asked me to provide a guarantee, but according to current regulations, it is not necessary in my case. Do I still have to provide it?

If you don’t have to provide a guarantee for your installation in your Autonomous Community, you must send us a letter justifying this exemption because, if we have requested a guarantee, it means that we considered it necessary in accordance with the information used to make the request. In this regard, check that you applied for access and connection permits for self-supply and not for a generation installation.

You have informed me that my request is “Ready for commissioning”. What do I need to do to get my generation/self-supply installation commissioned?

First of all, check if you still need to provide any documentation and whether you have managed your “operational notifications”. When a request has this status, it normally means that the client still needs to send us certain documents. If this is your case, send us the relevant documentation through your private area. What documentation is needed to process my request? When we send you the access and connection permits, we also tell you that we need the low-voltage electrical installation certificate (CIE Spanish initials) and the express connection request (this is a document that you must write yourself, indicating that you want to connect your installation). Once we have received and validated these documents, we will review your installation. If this review is satisfactory, we will then contact you via email asking for the information we need to draw up the technical access contract (CTA Spanish initials). Once this contract has been signed by both parties, we will upload it to your request file and send it to you along with the manager’s report and the production installation code for the purpose of settlement (CIL Spanish initials). This is when your request will be closed and you will now be able to contact your supply company to contract self-supply and the corresponding surplus. Don’t forget to ask us for the necessary “operational notifications that apply to you.

Where should I locate the general protective box (CGP Spanish initials) in the event that a new one is needed?

The CGP must be located on the boundary of your property and must be accessible from the public thoroughfare.

Can I install a three-phase meter in a single-phase meter connection?

It is not possible to install a three-phase meter in a single-phase meter connection. In order to make this possible, a three-phase modular column with a busbar/module/terminal strip would have to be added.

When will my meter be installed?

If you have chosen to rent a meter, UFD will install it during the contracting process.

Which meter do I have to install?

At the following link to our Digital Services Platform, you can find a list of approved devices. You can also find the particular specifications for measuring power in low voltage networks by clicking here. Please note that you may also choose to have the meter installed by your distribution company (e.g., UFD). In this case, it will be installed during the contracting process.

Why do I have to pay a scale fee if I request a 20 kW self-supply installation?

The amount of the valuation is calculated in accordance with Article 6 of Royal Decree 1699/2011. You can also consult Article 12.5 of Royal Decree 1183/2020, which refers to the article mentioned above.

Where can I get a Self-Supply Code (CAU Spanish initials)?

You can get a CAU on our Digital Services Platform by filling out the form you’ll find at this link.

What capacity should I indicate in my self-supply connection request?

You should request the capacity that you need. The installation’s installed capacity shall be the nominal power of the inverter or the joint power of all the inverters. The capacity of a self-supply installation will be the nominal power of the inverter, as long as there is no system that limits discharge.

What is the agreement between owners? Is it the same as the sharing agreement?

You must provide us with the agreement between owners when the consumer does not own the self-supply installation. It must be signed by both parties to show that they agree to the installation. It is not the same as the sharing agreement, which must include all of the consumers associated to a collective self-supply installation.

What is the difference between the reinforcement estimate and the extension estimate?

The reinforcement estimate corresponds to any work that the distribution company must carry out for safety reasons before the installation can be connected. The extension estimate, on the other hand, corresponds to any work that you can carry out yourself.  You can request an extension estimate from us when you register your connection request. Nonetheless, if you decide to carry out the extension work yourself, you will have to transfer it to us afterwards.

Which regulations govern how I have to carry out the extension work?

These installations must be carried out in accordance with the UFD Technical Specifications approved by the Spanish Ministry of Industry and Tourism, which you can find at the following link.

What administrative steps must I carry out for installations over 100 kW?

  • According to Royal Decree-Law 23/2020, you must provide us with the following documentation or, failing that, indicate that you are exempt from the requirement:
    • 1. Application submitted and accepted for prior administrative authorisation. (Deadline: 6 months)
    • 2. Favourable environmental impact statement obtained. (Deadline: 31 months)
    • 3. Prior administrative authorisation obtained. (Deadline: 34 months)
    • 4. Administrative authorisation for construction obtained. (Deadline: 37 months)
    • 5. Definitive administrative authorisation for exploitation obtained. (Deadline: 5 years)

How long do I have to accept the Preliminary Proposal or request that it be reviewed?

You have 30 business days (see Point 1 of Article 14 of Royal Decree 1183/2020 and the Second Additional Provision for information on how deadlines are calculated).

How long do I have to provide the initial documents?

You have 20 business days. Once you have sent them, we may ask you to make up to 2 corrections to the documents, in which case you will have another 20 business days to submit them again. If there are still any errors or missing documents, we will have to reject the request.

When do I have to sign a project order?

This document is only required for installations with a voltage of over 36 kV at the connection point, or if the connection is carried out directly in a substation.

How long do I have to sign the project order?

As stated in Point 3 of the Third Additional Provision of Royal Decree-Law 15/2018, once you have paid 10% of the budget for the preliminary proposal and obtained prior administrative authorisation for the production installation, within four months of the last of the two previous steps, the holder of the access and connection permit will have to sign a project commissioning contract with us, as the network operator, for the network facilities to which the producer will connect their installation.

Is there a list of legislation applicable to self-supply?

  • Below you can find a list of the most important applicable legislation:
    • Network Codes and Technical Regulations for the Supervision of Generators
    • Royal Decree-Law 23/2020
    • Power Sector Act 24/2013 of 26 December
    • Royal Decree-Law 15/2018
    • Royal Decree 1955/2000
    • Royal Decree 1110/2007 (Unified regulation of electric system measurement points)
    • Circular 1/2021
    • CNMC Resolution of 20 May 2021
    • Royal Decree 1699/2011 applies to:
      • All low-voltage technologies with a capacity of up to 100 kW
      • Cogeneration, biogas and biomass up to 1,000 MW and with a voltage of up to 36 kV
    • Royal Decree 413/2014 applies to:
      • All technologies with a capacity of over 100 kW, or with a capacity of less than 100 kW and a voltage of over 1 kV (except for cogeneration, biogas and biomass)
      • Cogeneration, biogas and biomass of over 1000 MW or voltage of over 36 kV
    • Royal Decree 244/2019 applies to self-supply
    • Royal Decree 1183/2020, of 29 December, on access and connection to electricity transmission and distribution networks.

If I have to install a switching centre (SC), where should I locate it?

The switching centre must be accessible from the public thoroughfare. If the plot where the photovoltaic plant (PVP) is located cannot be freely accessed from the public thoroughfare, there are two options:

  1. Install the switching centre on another plot where you can get a permit, and run your line to the PVP for which you hold a permit.
  2. Submit a request to change the location of the PVP, as long the new location is considered the same installation as per the conditions established in Annex II of Royal Decree 1955/2000.

Where should I locate the protection, measuring and control panel (CPMC Spanish initials)?

If there is a switching centre, it must not be located in the same building as the CPMC and they shall be in different but adjacent enclosures as the electrical distance (in wiring) must not exceed 50 metres and the cable routing is long with all the inputs/outputs to the cells (according to Order TEC/1281/2019, of 19 December, approving the technical instructions supplementing the Unified Regulation on electricity system measuring points).

What is the maximum distance between the switching centre and the connection point?

You should always refer to the most recent version of our “Particular Specifications. Technical requirements for the connection of HV installations of Un<=36 kV”. You can find it here.

Can I install any inverter?

  • In order for the installation to be commissioned, you must install an inverter that appears in the list of verified mechanisms that we have specified on our Digital Services Platform as we have checked that these devices comply with the required standards.
  • If the inverter you install is not listed, you should request verification. You can consult the list and request verification at the following link. Once your inverter has been verified, we will include it in the list published on our Digital Services Platform.

Will the data recorded by my measuring device match the data I see on my bill?

In principle, the data should not coincide because the meter measurement (both on the meter’s display and indicated in our private area) is the gross measurement recorded by the measuring device.  By contrast, the data on your bill are calculated power items (e.g., network consumption and discharge. The items on your bill will depend on your measuring device). This is calculated for each hour by determining the balance of consumption minus generation (and vice versa), which is why it may not coincide with the gross measurement shown on the measuring device.

Why isn’t there an item in my private area or on my bill for the amount of self-supplied power consumed?

Depending on the applicable measuring diagram and, therefore, on the measuring devices available, different items associated with self-supply may be calculated. Network consumption and discharge can always be calculated. The generation island must have at least a measuring device for all other items (total demand, total generation, self-consumption, etc.). In other words, installations with measurement scheme A only allow for the minimum necessary calculations, while the other schemes allow for all calculations.

If I am in self-supply mode with non-compensated surplus, why don't I receive a payment for the power discharged into the network?

In this mode, you must sign a contract with a representative agent in order to receive the payments associated with selling power on the market. By default, when self-supply is activated, the representative agent assigned by Red Eléctrica (REE) is the representative of the distributor’s business group, if any. It is very important that you sign this contract prior to activating self-supply so that the representative agent correctly settles the associated production data.

What happens with reactive, peak and excess values in self-supply?

As established in regulations, power control will be carried out in the same way as for a pure consumer, i.e., the calculations associated with self-supply only affect active power, but not other items.

In my private area or on my bill, I do not see the power I have consumed from my self-supply installation, I only see network consumption and/or demand.

In order to be able to calculate the amount of self-supplied power associated with a consumer, the generation circuit must have at least a measuring device. Therefore, if only head-end or boundary point measuring is available, network consumption and discharge can be calculated, but not other items. In collective self-supply, these concepts can always be calculated, as the generation circuit must have a measuring device.

My monitoring or inverter data do not match the production data reflected by the head-end measuring device.

This is because part of the power generated in the internal network is self-consumed and arrives at the border point, and the measuring device records the excess power or the part that is not self-consumed.

I have a self-supply installation with non-compensated surplus and I do not see the production data associated with my consumer Universal Supply Point Code (CUPS Spanish initials) in my private area or on my bill.

Remember there are two subjects in this mode: the consumer and the producer. In other words, there is one CUPS for the consumer and another for the producer, even in the case of an individual self-supply installation. This implies that the items associated with consumption will be assigned to the consumer CUPS and those associated with the producer will be assigned to the producer CUPS.